Led opinions wanted

tanks4life

Market
Reaction score
I am currently running chinese led panels. Which i love, and on one of my frag tanks I have a zoomed ultrasun led unit. Which seems to work very well for sps. It's a 20 gallon long so it reaches all the way to the bottom as it sits directly on the rim.

However I have a friend who is insisting on getting a marineland reef capable led unit... personally I try to stay away from marineland whenever possible but I would like to hear if anyone has an opinion of why or why not this light is good or bad.

That's what I firmly believe. But I just wanted to get another opinion to make sure i'm not just being bias.

The zoomed is a temporary solution as I had it laying around from an old fowler tank. I am gonna do Kessel lights on my farm setup when that time comes

I had a Marineland reef light over a cichlid tank and it was a great look. When I switched the tank to sw the coral I had did horrible until I could get a small T5, I wouldn't try it.

Yeah...Marineland isn't going to cut it. They might be ok for a refugium light but that's about it. I've had the chinese black boxes, eShine Systems, TaoTronics and now Aqua Illumination. Honestly.....I can't tell much difference in any of those except the price tag. Granted the eShine unit has a controller as do the AI's so in that sense, they are probably a bit on the higher end. But when I had the black box unit...my corals grew just about as well then as they do now.

I have seen different fixtures and have tried member modified, kessil a150 and a350w and Rapid Led Onyx and I recomend the Onyx to anyone that will listen! I have 2 tanks in my living room one onyx and one kessil A350W and I prefer the colors on the onyx. no LED will beat shimmer of Kessil but the colors in the onyx cant be beat...thats my $.02

Back