LED PAR Readings Provided by Russ-IV

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone, on a recent thread I posted, Russ offered to rent a par meter for me to get some readings under different Led fixtures. Below are the results.

Ecotech Marine Radion Gen 3 Pro:
Height Above Water- 12"
My Settings
1"- 330
6"- 120
24"- 60
100% power
1"- 1050
6"- 600
24"- 250
30" 180

Aqua Illumination Sol:
Height Above Water- 18"
My Settings
1"- 160
6"- 120
12"- 90
100% Power
1"- 400
6"- 300
12"- 190

Aqua Illumination Hydra 26 HD:
Height Above Water- 16"
100% Power
1"- 360

<span style="font-size: 15px;">Thank you to Russ for the par meter.</span>

LSU_fishFan;1073126 wrote: Hello everyone, on a recent thread I posted, Russ offered to rent a par meter for me to get some readings under different Led fixtures. Below are the results.

Ecotech Marine Radion Gen 3 Pro:
Height Above Water- 12"
My Settings
1"- 330
6"- 120
24"- 60
100% power
1"- 1050
6"- 600
24"- 250
30" 180

Aqua Illumination Sol:
Height Above Water- 18"
My Settings
1"- 160
6"- 120
12"- 90
100% Power
1"- 400
6"- 300
12"- 190

Aqua Illumination Hydra 26 HD:
Height Above Water- 16"
100% Power
1"- 360

<span style="font-size: 15px">Thank you to Russ for the par meter.</span>

heya. radions provide some nice numbers and thanks for returning it in a timely manner!
i wonder though. why did you choose your current settings?

acros can handle 1600 par (given the system isnt ulns) and even white papers studying acros usually use 200 par as the baseline. most of my acros are hit with 500-600 par at the coral.

if its a bleaching thing i understand. you may just not have the nitrate/po4 for pigment density.

anyway. at least you are armed with the information (and we have an idea of those light's potential as well)

-russ

Russ-IV;1073131 wrote: why did you choose your current settings?

Without a par meter I was just guessing what I thought would be a good starting point. Corals will die a lot faster under to high of light, than under low light. I also knew I was getting the extra par from running my t5s

Curious why you changed the height above water for the 3 fixtures. Doesn't make for a fair side by side comparison.

Kirkwood;1073140 wrote: Curious why you changed the height above water for the 3 fixtures. Doesn't make for a fair side by side comparison.

3 different tanks, and it's way to hard to take the lights to one tank and do the readings.

If you have one of these lights, and you have it closer to the water than my tests, you will increase par.

not bad basic numbers:) you'll never satisfy everyone haha
You'd have to have your tanks in a lab to do it right, and even then there would be variables.

Thanks for posting what you have.
I wish I had access to a meter as easily to measure the non-pro with 120degree lenses.

I hope more folks are understanding that there are soooo many variables in having a successful reef tank, and that PAR is just one of the legs of the equation. Ironically, I don't think its as hard as people make it out to be. I see a lot of posts from really intelligent people who seem to have a great understanding of chemistry that just CAN NOT grow corals by the numbers.

any way...
Thanks for the readings !

SnowManSnow;1073446 wrote: not bad basic numbers:) you'll never satisfy everyone haha
You'd have to have your tanks in a lab to do it right, and even then there would be variables.

Thanks for posting what you have.
I wish I had access to a meter as easily to measure the non-pro with 120degree lenses.

I hope more folks are understanding that there are soooo many variables in having a successful reef tank, and that PAR is just one of the legs of the equation. Ironically, I don't think its as hard as people make it out to be. I see a lot of posts from really intelligent people who seem to have a great understanding of chemistry that just CAN NOT grow corals by the numbers.

any way...
Thanks for the readings !

Thank you Branon, I agree there are many factors in testing the par of our led lighting.

From the accuracy of the meter to the clarity of water, etc.

DawgFace;1073498 wrote: Curious, what kind of meter did you use?

image.jpg
alt="" /></a>

sun system something another

Back