led pendant/ par style lamps

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone using the par stle lamps like the commercial Ecoxotic or Orphek . If so would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

I'm using an older Ledtric par38... been doing so for the past 2 years. If you're not looking for per-channel control they're pretty inexpensive & effective on shallow tanks or cube setups.

I'm afraid so. The guy who ran it switched over to LE coral prop 'n pimping, which appears to have also closed shop.

Pity because he offered a quality product at a great price and backed it well on the support side. I've heard good things about coral compulsion's PAR3x products as well. At the risk of being nosey, what are you looking to use them over?

BulkRate;1007938 wrote: I'm afraid so. The guy who ran it switched over to LE coral prop 'n pimping, which appears to have also closed shop.

Pity because he offered a quality product at a great price and backed it well on the support side. I've heard good things about coral compulsion's PAR3x products as well. At the risk of being nosey, what are you looking to use them over?
Not nosy at all. I was looking for a 150 DD but have changed gears and decided on a shallow 48x24x16 tall. It will be a mixed reef. The kicker is that I want to either hang extremely high or mount in a custom can light housing that has a venting system. I've been talking with a sales rep at Orphek who is helping me design a light that will fit the bill. But I want to explore all the options. What are you using them on?

Itty bitty tank compared to most on ARC. 9-gallon cubeoid tank, a little over 12" erm, cubed.

Pars in the 18-24watt range probaby will lack the punch you'd need in a high mounted fixture unless you did some narrow optics, maybe 60 degree or even slightly lower depending on just how high you plan to put 'em. Also the "bulb" housing is large, stick out about 4" from the socket... they're basically floodlight bulbs and most arrays of them I've seen online look kinda meh. Mine's about 12" above the water line, albeit with only 120 degree optics installed in an art deco bronze lamp to make the thing blend in a bit with the decor & increase the wife acceptance factor.

Back