LED question for DAVE

rdnelson99;993636 wrote: So your wife has to wear shades to bed or she can't sleep? :)
i swear honey,that glow is coming from the tank!:)

im pretty sure you could control them with your apex.email or call Bill at reefledlights,he will be more than happy to answer all the tech questions you have,he is top notch,never had better customer service.

This Question is for Reggie,

I called reefledlighting today about getting a set up for my tank
he suggested getting 2 P47 pro fixture one controllable and the other non controllable
and piggy back them together, how does that work exactly ?
Also I have a 60"X24"x24" tank, will there be enough coverage at the edge of the tank with (2) P47, are they that powerful where they can be raise 2 ft off the water and still strong enough for sps.

thanks

the one fixture with the controller is linked in with the other through a separate cable and both would follow the schedule programmed in the first fixture.
yes,with the right optics,they would light that tanks dimensions well.

SnowManSnow;993688 wrote: so i would need one with a controller? It isn't something I can do with my apex? Maybe I'm thinking the wrong sort of controller

You can control using apex.

ReefBrite has (or had?) this metal halide/LED hanging light fixture that seemed pretty sweet. I think you have to specify the XHO Actinic LEDs - which I have seen in action, and they did pretty well. I haven't used the pendants or seen them in use, myself. I've just heard some good things about them and have considered them before.

it really is a toss up for me. I have a PROVEN t5 fixture.. It will cost apx $1400 to light my tank with the LEDs that I feel comfortable with

It's a tough decision.when I built mine years ago,it cost me about 1200.that being said,I wouldn't go back and change a thing.it was a very good decision on my part and I was also switching from an 8 bulb ATI Sunpower.

I have 5 of the P47 lights. Great light. I went with the P47 after watching Reggie s tank go through the change. We get good growth and great color. House is a lot cooler in the summer now. BUT now the wife wants a wood heater for the house.

Back