LED Retro Fit in the Red Sea Max 130d

eandrews

Market
Reaction score
Well this was a fun project. I am pretty sure the Biocubes are much easier let's just say that. I had anticipated and planned on staggering the 2 Ecoxotic Panorama Modules in the space I had to work with but I did not see that only one side within that space had spacers to screw the acrylic to. I had to get a bit creative after the first attempt failed. I ended up using all my acrylic stock but got it done with a single LED moonlight.

Materials List ($222.00 total)

1 sheet of Acrylic from HD - $20.00
1 pack of cable clamps - 3/8" - $2.00
2 Ecoxotic Panorama Modules - $200.00
(16 - 8,000k white, 8 - 453 Actinic blues)

Here's the pics sorry if they are blury, I took them with my HTC...

IMAG0084.jpg
alt="" />

started off by gutting everything out of the old canopy..

IMAG0086.jpg
alt="" />

Cut a drilled a 8x22" sheet to around the inserts that slide over each other. I staggered the modules to give it a good spread of light.

IMAG0089.jpg
alt="" />

Here's what she looks like finished...

IMAG0090.jpg
alt="" />

gnashty;539412 wrote: your just a busy bee arent ya! looks great!:thumbs:

Always doing something... :D The pics don't do it justice... I love the shimmer!

Here's a couple videos with the shimmer affect... The Mandarin Goby even comes out to see what's going on in the side view... I got a bit close to the skimmer on the second one sorry...

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">YouTube- VIDEO0003.3gp</div>

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">YouTube- VIDEO0004.3gp</div>

misu;539423 wrote: Iwant to put 5 or 6 in my rsm 250 too, great job

The really have a great peaceful look. I'm surprised how blue the 8(8k)-4(453) strips are.. really pleased..looking forward to some good growth with my suns and spawns..

Thanks JENN!

Looks great, Eric!

The shimmer is awesome, isn't it? Makes a huge difference to "our" eyes, very pleasing.

Never having to buy replacement lamps again is a plus also :)

Jenn

JennM;539666 wrote: Looks great, Eric!

The shimmer is awesome, isn't it? Makes a huge difference to "our" eyes, very pleasing.

Never having to buy replacement lamps again is a plus also :)

Jenn

That and no heat... sold it for me....

daniel1381;588094 wrote: hello
i have a rsm 130 and want to upg to leds..wondering how your was doing and if it was enough leds or did you have to buy more?

2 strips gave 300 par at the higher levels and low 200s in the sand...

My monticap is growing out of the water and my softies are all getting new heads...

I picked up 2 of these used and placed in my 24g aquapod along with a single stunned and it gave me a perfect color combo and things are doing really well

daniel1381;588875 wrote: Where did you get the stunned and how did u mount it

lol... I meant stunner strip. I picked mine up from Einstien Aquatics yesterday. He's always took care of me everytime ive went there so thats why I make the trip

I am not using the stock canopy I made my own wood canopy that just sits on top of the tank with 2 legs

but its basically a single module in front single module in back and stunner in between of the two.

I have a little spacing between mine to cover a larger area but looking at your pics yours actually looks like it puts out more direct spot lighting by the way you have them overlapped

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50257">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50257</a>

pics are terrible but it shows the 2 modules and last week I added stunner in between the two

Back