Left RODI in storage for a year, chance the filters are still fine?

Tanster2

Market
Reaction score
I left my BRS RODI in storage for about a year. The chambers were still wet when I got it out. The unit doesn't look moldy or anything. As long as my TDS is good, I should be fine I figure?

That will come down to your membrane filter. Even if your canister filters are clean, if your membrane is been used for long time and, or not maintained properly, I be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot. When I take my RO membranes offline I never break the unit down and dry everything out. As long as the membrane didn't dry out it should be fine. Keep an eye on TDS when you first fire it up and see what happens. I've done it before without any issues.

Pro tip: If you "think" you have color changing DI resin but in reality you don't - when your pure water starts to smell like weird chemically fish oil, it's time to change it out for some genuinely color changing DI resin. Ask me how I know!

Pro tip: If you "think" you have color changing DI resin but in reality you don't - when your pure water starts to smell like weird chemically fish oil, it's time to change it out for some genuinely color changing DI resin. Ask me how I know!
Oh jeez, I am glad you caught that before it went into your tank lol.

I am at 0ppm now after letting it run for a bit, so I think I'm okay in this case.

Back