Let talk anemones....

FinParadiseAquaticsLLC

Market
Reaction score
OK so I've done quite a bit of research on anemones just like I do with everything else..... but I'm getting mixed information on when to add anemone(s) to your reef. Alot of research says wait 3-6 months, LFS's have told me if I did a fish in cycle then I can add one after a few weeks after getting some algae growth and both good and bad bacteria in and then pet stores say you can add one at anytime. (I know the pet stores say stuff just because they don't care if they live they just want to make money.) So when should I truly add an anemone? Just trying to figure it out so my younger clowns can eventually have something to host.

What is your success rate when doing such? What week did you add your sps's? I only have xenia, some green finger and zoas in the tank right now. Everything is doing well and even seeing new heads on the rocks with the zoas... so would you say its safe to add one but just keep and eye out on it?

What is your success rate when doing such? What week did you add your sps's? I only have xenia, some green finger and zoas in the tank right now. Everything is doing well and even seeing new heads on the rocks with the zoas... so would you say its safe to add one but just keep and eye out on it?
If say it was a few months I’m Not sure exactly when. But for me the best thing was keeping everything stable in the tank. I recently added a new nem to a new tank and it’s doing well but it is plumed into my 3 year old tank.

I added my CSB to my new tank ( dry rock, new sand, new water) first week. Do what you’re comfortable and experienced with. There’s not set way to do anything in this hobby.

I added my CSB to my new tank ( dry rock, new sand, new water) first week. Do what you’re comfortable and experienced with. There’s not set way to do anything in this hobby.
Agreed. I’ve seen people do both ways. You just need to know what to do if it goes wrong and what to look for.

OK cool I can wait for an anemone. I'm still shopping and researching everything that I want for this reef in my shop. I know I don't want to overload it with fish to where it'll distract the onlookers away from the corals. Thank you my friend!

Back