Let's Talk About...

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Anthias more specifically the Lyretail Anthias. For my new tank I'm kinda thinking about doing a male and 2 females. Any tips for keeping these? Things to avoid when keeping these? And do I need a cover for the top of the tank?

Thanks,
Colin

These are great fish! and as pretty as can be.

My experience with them is this....at first they seem a bit delicate but after a while they get rock solid!

Colin my personal opinion is the bigger the school the better.

I sold my Lyretails and wish I hadn't!

I'd do more and just take the hit and do more waterchanges. But we're already discussing that.

Colin...I have a Lyretail and absolutely love him. +1 to Seedless as they do seem a bit delicate at first but that does not last long. He loves to show off, follow me from side to side in the tank and gets along well with everyone else. Honestly, I cannot say anything negative about him. I would love to add more but do not have the space. You can see a couple pics of him on my build thread.

If you get one...you won't regret it. :yes:

I just went with 1 male and 3 females for my 120. They're in QT now and one is holding just holding on, but I think the group is trying to thin the herd since she's got some hit marks on the top of her head and I've seen the females go after her, not just the male. Steve tried to talk me into two more females when I was buying them, but with some of the other Tangs and wrasses I'd like to add down the road and with the system being fairly young I don't want to overdo it too early.

Larry I saw some pictures in your build thread! That looks awesome!

Mike saw the pic on your Picasa album and wow they are bright.

But i'm leaning with Steve and Loren, 5 thinking about 1 male and 4 females!

Thanks Loren I did not know that, if only the part time help at the LFS had told me that maybe I wouldn't have one getting beat up...I won't mention any names LOL.

molson;334487 wrote: Thanks Loren I did not know that, if only the part time help at the LFS had told me that maybe I wouldn't have one getting beat up...I won't mention any names LOL.

It is hard to find good help these days, isn't it Mike?

LOL no doubt. I guess I'll have to hit CR Monday and pick another up, real bummer since I was just there again this afternoon.

Yeah, don't you just hate HAVING </em>to go to fish stores? When did you pick yours up

Thursday evening after work, so adding one more to QT will only set the timeline to display back a few days.

Yeah that is not too bad. It looks like i'll have to set up my 15 as a QT for these guys. Right?

They get what 5/6in? Look into what size they are at purchase. If you have another fish in the back of your head you may want to add later then a smaller anthias may be best.

Nope. That's usually the size they are shipped to you/ lfs. Call liveaquaria monday or a local good guy like
a>. Same with the pink square

Back