Light Rail Question

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
has anyone every used a rail system...I have 3 6ft frag tanks about 12inches deep, I was wandering what the possibilities would be two run 3 6ft rail systems with one haveing a 250w for softies and two with 400w for sps and such...any input would help as i have never used one before and just trying to keep the heat down and wattage as low as possible

chris

They work great on frag tanks. You have to keep them pretty high and clean or they will break quickly but I had one a few years ago on a frag tank and had one 250W 10k covering a 6'x2'x1' tank. Ran it on a 4ft track for 12 hours and it worked well for the about 18 months I had it set up.

Now it looks crazy so I would never do it on a display and they are not silent either but for the purpose they serve they are great.

Almost fully SPS. With a decent reflector you don't need it to travel the full length. Within a foot of each side will light the whole tank fine. There are always corals (even if you solely acros) that require less light then others. Just stick those on the outside.

Back