Lighting Advice

Oh.. 48. 54

Aquactinics makes a great fixture . The solar flare OR the constellation would be great IMO .

I believe the solar flare is over driven.

Question: why are you wanting led in the mix? Just curious?

;)

I like the controllability of the LEDs I have, ramping up and down. Like I said, I've only had LEDs since ie been in the reef game. I'm not sure if I'm wanting/ready to make the full swap over to another kind of lighting.

Dimmable t5s are fairly common place now... Although I don't have / care for one

;)

Yeah the tesla unit does look promising. The AI Sol is a powerful light. My only issue with it is that it only has white and blue LEDs like a lot of other units. I have 3 maxspect mazarra p units over my tank and think it has a good broad spectrum output. The razor is based on the mazarra line. I have had great growth with LEDs. Only thing that slowed me down was a bad run in with biopellets and not maintaining consistent water parameters. Things are great now with several acros growing an inch or more a month. I found it to be the unstable water chemistry esp alkalinity slowing everything down (calc reactor being set up right now).

The DIY stuff available is great. I would probably go that route if I did it over. They even have nice cases that make them look professional now. Reggie aka reeferman has had outstanding long term growth from his DIY led setup. His sps grow like weeds and his coloration is second to none. I am sure he could give you tips if you decide to go DIY with led and/or t5 combo.

Check out reefledlights.com, especially their FAQ section. The owner there is awesome. That's where Reeferman got his LEDs.

Back