Lighting Question

Yeah deffenatly to big to retro and i was reading more about them and it looks to be too big for the tank so back to the drawing board

That's a much better reflector but will still have issues because of the dimensions of your tank. The pendant is 14.5" wide and your tank is only 12" wide so you'll be losing light either to the front or back of the tank. Most of the smaller reflector (SLS RO III , PFO Mini reflector, ect.) are designed to give you 24" of coverage so you're going to end up with shadows at either end of your 30" tank, if you want to use a single halide.

mufret;261844 wrote: That's a much better reflector but will still have issues because of the dimensions of your tank. The pendant is 14.5" wide and your tank is only 12" wide so you'll be losing light either to the front or back of the tank. Most of the smaller reflector (SLS RO III , PFO Mini reflector, ect.) are designed to give you 24" of coverage so you're going to end up with shadows at either end of your 30" tank, if you want to use a single halide.

Yeah and if i get 2 MH the smallest fixture i've seen is 36in so don't know what to do

Ok t-5 people with t-5 reflectors how much space front to back do icecap reflectors take up?

<span style="color: black">You could do 2 ReefOptics III's or 2 Icecap reflectors... Or I really like the idea of doing several T5's only... </span>

Back