Lighting Question

raisingtwo2006

Market
Reaction score
I know that somewhere in all of these messages something was said about those lights you can get from wallyworld.. The 6700k daylights...

Now, what was said? Was it that you could use those to light up a tank, or that those would be a horrible way of going?

This is what we were thinking.. Possibly hanging 4 of those in a canopy, along with 4 actinic ones...

Advice, criticism?

No matter how much blue light you use, the 6700K is still going to be yellow. I tried it, and the light was too yellow for my taste. It could work, and you'd probably have a lot of growth, but you'd have to learn to like the yellow light.

It would be a great route to go for a refugium

Wow, Dakota ~ you're actually typing FASTER than I am today.

(NOW would be a good time for someone to offer a bunch of 'shrooms on the boards, eh?)

:D

Dakota9;72976 wrote: I'll second that!

I'll call that bet, raise you 2 polyps and a 'shroom to be named later.... and...

and what-the-heck-are-we-talking-about-now?

Lights... (I think)

Ok, so if I tried some and could deal with the yellow, they would be ok?? Even with xenia, shrooms, and zoas?

If you can deal with the yellow color of the tank, then none of the livestock you've listed would be adversely affected by the lower Kelvin rating, as they are all corals that fall under low light corals</em>

Can't see how it would hurt to try it. Your softies aren't going to croak overnight and should let you know if they're not real happy.

2 pots of coffee is my secret, unfortunately, I'm slowed down by the need for bathroom breaks

LOL..Dakota's on his game this morning...

another ??--
Will they be strong enough to reach the bottom of the 90?

Wi-fi and cell phones are nice, the amount of business I do in a certain room in the house is amazing. Ah, did I say that out loud?

RaisingTwo so when are you going to come over and check out my tank? Did you get my PM?
Jerry

jefft;73005 wrote: Wi-fi and cell phones are nice, the amount of business I do in a certain room in the house is amazing. Ah, did I say that out loud?

waaaaaaaaaaaay too much info there, Jeff!

rotflm*o

Jerry, I'm sorry, we've been meaning to get over there.. a LOT going on this past week!! You got anything going tonight? Dennis is supposed to get off at 5:30, we could swing by around then... Same work schedule for tomorrow if it'd be better to wait.

Back