Lighting recommendation for reef breeders leds

i built my own using components from Reefledlights.com
consisting of 3w Cree premium bin royal blues,cool whites and warm whites.
ive been led for well over 3 years and my acros love them

Do you have a build thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI. They will build them for you to your specifications as well I believe.

reeferman;1005732 wrote: i built my own using components from Reefledlights.com
consisting of 3w Cree premium bin royal blues,cool whites and warm whites.
ive been led for well over 3 years and my acros love them

Adam from BattleCorals thinks the warm whites are the key to the success he has on one of his prop tanks lit by LED.

I have all three running on separate tanks and see growth and color under my radion gen 3 non pro. To the extent that it's actually surprised me... nothing lost color going to this tank and most pieces gained a richer color (coming from radium tank)

My 8bulb t5 tank is probably the best color but too early to tell you about growth... took less than a month for all colors to shift to much more vivid shades of their original color.

Probably getting the best growth under radiums 20k but the worst colors even with the t5 supplements. T5 reflectors are pretty much non existent on that fixture and not adding more than 130 par.

reeferman;1005767 wrote: Bill may do that,im not sure.
Rich,didnt you say you were running the P47s?

I believe that's the ones. I bought them fro Shane Pike at a steal.

I have been led for almost a year now. I was a huge fan of MH for several years. I think my growth is different under leds than halides. I find my SPS corals (acros included) encrust and grow fuller colonies under leds. They do not grow vertically as well as they did under halide, but I think another year from now I will be very pleased. I looked at all kind of leds for several years and finally decided on 4 Photon 48s for my 400+ gallon tank.

rdnelson99;1005770 wrote: I believe that's the ones. I bought them fro Shane Pike at a steal.
then yes,you are using the p47s,excellent fixtures!
i find my colonies tend to grow very bushy also without a lot of stretch but that has a lot to do with flow also.i run 2 mp40s and 2 mp10s,all on reef crest 100% and an eheim 1262 return

tonymission;1005768 wrote: Adam from BattleCorals thinks the warm whites are the key to the success he has on one of his prop tanks lit by LED.

I have all three running on separate tanks and see growth and color under my radion gen 3 non pro. To the extent that it's actually surprised me... nothing lost color going to this tank and most pieces gained a richer color (coming from radium tank)

My 8bulb t5 tank is probably the best color but too early to tell you about growth... took less than a month for all colors to shift to much more vivid shades of their original color.

Probably getting the best growth under radiums 20k but the worst colors even with the t5 supplements. T5 reflectors are pretty much non existent on that fixture and not adding more than 130 par.
Adam and i have spoke about that in length before also and i agree that the warm whites make a huge difference.they used to be sold under "high noon".

reeferman;1005810 wrote: then yes,you are using the p47s,excellent fixtures!
i find my colonies tend to grow very bushy also without a lot of stretch but that has a lot to do with flow also.i run 2 mp40s and 2 mp10s,all on reef crest 100% and an eheim 1262 return

You would shoot me if you knew what I paid for two fixtures and a full blown Apex. Helps having friends in this hobby. Although, I would have rather seen him stay in. :-(

As for SPS not growing tall under good LEDs it's because they don't have to reach so far to get decent par like they do with crappy MH. Hehehehehehehe

I'm very curious at how my future corals will grow. My goal isn't too much, as long as a I get decent coloration; minimal growth would be acceptable. That way I don't have to worry about trimming .

EcoReefGuy;1005863 wrote: I'm very curious at how my future corals will grow. My goal isn't too much, as long as a I get decent coloration; minimal growth would be acceptable. That way I don't have to worry about trimming .

If you get good coloration I will come trim them whenever you want. ;-). Hehehehehe

Something has got my attention. Don't know if i need to start a different thread.Warm White.'s
That is missing in my AI hydra's.How do i go about getting them to my corals. Is there t5 bulbs that i can add.This could be the missing link to manIy leds.Dose anyone know what t5 bulb would be the right percentage to add.I know its late,I hope I'm making sense.

Back