Lighting: What is low, Moderate, and High?

corvettecris;145558 wrote: Seems like some pretty simple solutions. I do have my sump return T'd off on both top sides of the tank, but with no current switcher. They just flow equally, both kinda aimed at the front center of the tank. About how much flow gph wise should I aim for?

don't worry about the gph thing. put corals in places where you want them first. You can think about how fast/slow the flow rate should be in specific areas of the tank.

IMO, especially if you're keeping LPS, i'd imagine one powerhead at the top of the tank and your mag 9 running through a SCWD would be more than enough current for a 29G. the trick is to get it all to work for the benefit of all the corals you plan on keeping.

DannyBradley;145514 wrote: Coral bleaching is more likely the coral expelling zooxanthellae to uptake a different species that can better deal with the environment it is exposed to.' - such as when a coral exceeds photo saturation reaches the point of photoinhibition.

I remember reading RK articles on it. It cannot be stressed enough that corals NEED to be acclimated to light, as well as water conditions.

I agree with humptrax, my system which was primarily LPS did great with a only a Pan World 50px (590gph) operating on a SCWD. I did eventually did place a powerhead w/ hydor flo on it. But I had to be real careful of where the out put was blowing, several of my LPS did not like it. I eventually added a Korallia and had it operating on a timer, this helped. But overall placement is essential with the LPS.

Thanks for the tips guys. I am just going to do some experimenting with a timer since I already have a couple.

Back