Lime LEDs

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on adding Lime LEDs to your lighting? From what I read it adds a metal halide look and allows you to adjust color temp. of your lights. I have 8 that I am going to add to my day radion fixture. I will take pics and maybe someone could lend me a PAR meter for some PAR values. I just wanted to get a discussion going. I am just waiting on a power supply to come before I can continue this experiment.

I have limes in a nanobox light. They make everything very crisp and bright. If you have the chance to add them or get them in a fixture absolutely do it.

The maker of my light is Nanoboxreef.com and the guy who owns the company's name is Dave. He is also the builder of the lights. I know you can but just the pucks with the layout on them already but i do not know if he sells them individually. I think Rebel makes the best lime leds if you are looking to add them to an existing fixture.

Acrofiend01;1026000 wrote: Where can you buy some?
a> is where I purchased mine.

You probably could just need to unsolder a chip and resolder the lime in its place. You also make sure that the drivers do not put to much power through and burn it out

I just added the lime to my fixture and have it all wired up. I have the light over the tank but need to build the canopy to hang the light. I have it sitting on the egg crate right now. The effect the limes give is it looks like MH lighting, more white, but without making the colors ugly. If anyone is willing to lend me a PAR meter I would be more than happy to give a report of it.

I have greens and it is different from lime. When the lime is added to the rest of the colors it makes the tank, sand, etc. look white.

As soon as get my canopy finished I will try to post some pics to show the difference. I put 8 lime chips over my 65 gallon tank and I think I have to many. I am only running them at about 10% max

Back