Little problem...

sigshane

Market
Reaction score
Ummm...anything I can do about this!?

b038fbb36eefc8d86ffc0c5ade0fef22.jpg
alt="" />

Yep, that Sally Lightfoot is in the 24 inch deep, crowded with pipes overflow.

Lol, probably get armpit deep in your overflow and grab em out , he wont hurt you.
If there isn't room then idk but in the event you can get it out you can cut a small piece of acrylic to go on top of the overflow box to prevent it from happening again.
I may even have a piece I could give you at this coming up weekends meeting at creation reef.

Ah, he has his own apartment now. How sweet. He can't catch any fish in there - maybe leave him :)

sigshane;1018839 wrote: What are the chances he climbs back outta there and into the DT?

anything is possible but you should be able to bait and trap him if you really want to get it out... I would probably leave him in the overflow...

Didn't really see a way to get him out anyway...that overflow is pretty cramped.

You could always shut the system down, pull out the standpipe and let him ride the flume to the sump (put a net at the drain opening and catch him as he slides out). Just be sure you have enough room in the sump to catch all the water from the overflow box.

I've retrieved countless fish and inverts that way.

It's unlikely he'll climb back out again, the inner surfaces of the overflow box and standpipe are too smooth.

Jenn

or if you have a long handled fish net you could reach down there with it and scoop him out.

Back