live aquaria

I have heard both good and bad. My buddy used to always get fish from there. Last time he purchased black and whites and both were dead. So they sent him two more, one was dead. The other is alive after a couple months. But he had great experiences before this.

I just have a hard time swallowing the price I pay vs the size of an "unknown" fish or coral. For instance, I put two pink skunk clowns in the shopping basket and with shipping for small specimens, my total was 73$. I went to Einstein's and got a mated, egg laying pair of good size, that host anemones, and are healthy and eating for 73$.

How much is their shipping? I'm thinking about getting something from them...

I like them.

The arrive alive guarantee is great and the service when there has been a problem was top notch.

I always look at the website when there is a group buy in the making.

It seems that most have good luck; to me mail-ordering a live animal is just... weird. I can't explain why, since the LFS had their stock shipped to them AFAIK. But, logic or no logic, it seems weird to me. Maybe it's just that I can't imagine paying for an animal I haven't seen. Several times I've gone to a store to buy a certain fish, and there are always some pretty, healthy specimens... and very often there are some that look rough. Maybe tattered fins, bad color, too large or too small... since I wouldn't say "just pick me one out" in person, I couldn't make myself do the same thing through the mail.

If you can't get it healthy or at all locally they are the guys to get it from. Never a bad experience.

I feel the same as Barry. Wife and I had an on-line water plant business years back and plants are difficult enough to arrive healthy when shipped. I want to see the fish I'm buying and if the LFS's I deal with don't have it they will get it for me. Everytime I think of getting a fish on-line the shipping puts the price out of reach.

Back