Loctite Professional Grade

MiggidyMike

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi guys, I wasn’t really fragging, more like glue loose Zoa/Paly polyps to various things. I was using the dollar store gel glue, but it sort of sucked. Took forever to dry. Anyways, I ran out so had went in the garage whipped out some professional grade super glue from Home Depot. I used to use it for car upholstery, but it works amazingly with gluing polyps to anything so my idea is dab a little, then if wish. Use the gel glue from the dollar store. ‍♂️ Because the pro stuff is $6 a bottle, but it goes a long way. Anyways, what do you guys think? I even used some to help with aquascaping to aid With the epoxy. It’s been over 2 months now and nothing has died.
so this is a question/tip post
7E8F650B-4456-41E0-9CEB-B410FD4D7542.jpeg

The Bob Smith Indistries (BSI) glue that I use starts at the same price, $6 for 0.7 oz (or $8.60 per oz), and lasts a long time as well. This is often about the same per oz price as the cheap stuff, but it lasts much longer.

I usually buy it in packs at $7.20 per oz, so a little cheaper, but I know it gets as cheap as $2.75 if you buy the big bottle.

There are other cheaper good-quality options out there as well also.

Ooh..... genius!! Find other professional grade super glue ok, well, it’ll be a while til I’ll be actually fragging. But, a big bottle of professional grade super glue is always useful in the house. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using BSI CA for decades. I keep various viscosities around for different tasks. There is nothing wrong with the Loctite as it's just CA too. If you keep your eyes open you can find sales on BSI from time to time and that's when to stock up.

**EDIT** There's no such thing as professional CA, it's all the same just differences in marketing. The differences are in the viscosity, from very thin to the thickest in a gel.

Hahaha, truth! There is no such thing as professional grade... that’s just marketing.

If anything, the dispenser is professional-grade versus crap-grade. And that’s one big reason as to why those little tubes never last.

What website do you go for BSI CA for the sales? Unless you mean Amazon and/or eBay

Well, actually the pro grade loctite compared to the regular loctite activates super super fast. And actually is stronger. I know cause I had to use it for fixing upholstery for car dealerships.

What website do you go for BSI CA for the sales? Unless you mean Amazon and/or eBay
You can set price alerts on Amazon but the next big sale time would be BRS's Black Friday week.
Also I can't think of any hobby shops, online or B&M, that don't carry BSI or Zap.

Well, actually the pro grade loctite compared to the regular loctite activates super super fast. And actually is stronger. I know cause I had to use it for fixing upholstery for car dealerships.
Thinner CA will soak in to the material better than a gel.

You can set price alerts on Amazon but the next big sale time would be BRS's Black Friday week.
Also I can't think of any hobby shops, online or B&M, that don't carry BSI or Zap.

Thinner CA will soak in to the material better than a gel.
Zap? You trying to sell me off @Adam ? You'll have to ask my wife first.

Zap? You trying to sell me off @Adam ? You'll have to ask my wife first.
Yep, I sell you off and take the wife. LOL

**Joke disclaimer on**
No, I'm not stalking you're wife. I'm a happily married guy and besides, any attempt at the above referenced humor would result in my own demise. My little spitfire has a temper!
**Joke disclaimer off**

FWIW...These guys carried BSI products when I last bought some there about six months ago.

The Hobby Shop 5725 N Henry Blvd Stockbridge, GA 30281

Back