Lookee what the UPS Man Delivered!!!

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Bubble King SuperMarin 300 Internal Protein Skimmer. Got the RD3 Speedy DC Pump. Thought I'd share a pic of it as it will never be as pristine as this. Seems a shame to dirty it up in the tank!

CIMG5709_zpsaf3808da.jpg
alt="" />

J.B.;962358 wrote: Where's the banana for scale?? That thing is a beast!

Here is a 5 gallon HD bucket for perspective. Skimmer body is 12" (300MM) in diameter, as is the skimmer cup. Check out the applied badge in the middle of the collection cup lid. Just like the hood badge on a car, hehehe! They are quite proud of their skimmers!

CIMG5710_zps834b52ed.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG5712_zps83980226.jpg
alt="" />

My friend... that is a great skimmer. BK.. as you know.. is incredible..

great buy

Thanks guys.

I won't try to kid anyone, this is an expensive piece of equipment, but I kind of lucked out with it. I actually placed an order for this in mid February with Premium Aquatics during what I think was their Valentines Day Sale at 10% off. They were out of stock, but this was not noted on their website. It was supposed to be back in stock a couple weeks after I ordered, but they just got them in on Monday, 4 months after I ordered. The SM 300 has just been gives the RD3 Speedy DC Pump, and the price of this skimmer went up by $600, but since I already had a paid order in place, I got this for $800 off the current price.

Awesome skimmer!
I tought you were getting the other brand you show me some time ago, with 3 sicce pumps...
But this is not comparable to non, this is the creamy stuff!! Well, not so much creamy when this bad boy start its work in your tank!!!
Keep posting pics please :)

thanhreef;962464 wrote: Wow. The best of the best

And the skimmer is too! :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Did UPS get the right address? I thought It was being sent to my place? If your are struggling with getting it dirty; can I borrow it? I could setup a community skimmer service in my neighborhood since my current requirements for skimming is minimal.

All jokes aside; Dave, that is an impressive, mammoth skimmer. I didn't see the concept of the size until your placed the 5 gallon bucket next to it. All I can think of is that television show some years back that had "Tim the Toolman" and Tim's outlook on having the right stuff. Is your middle name Tim?

Wannabee

you'll be impressed that it will run DEAD silent with no bubbles back into the tank

Here's a couple pics I took as of tonight. Not too bad for three days of break in. I don't think this one really needed break in, though. Look at the yummy Nog!

CIMG5713_zpsf8c82325.jpg
alt="" />

CIMG5715_zpsc28e043c.jpg
alt="" />

Here's a couple pics I took as of tonight. Not too bad for three days of break in. I don't think this one really needed break in, though. Look at the yummy Nog! The Vertex Vectra Engine neck cleaner and lid that was on my Alpha 300 transferred right over to the SM 300.

CIMG5713_zpsf8c82325.jpg
alt="" />

CIMG5715_zpsc28e043c.jpg
alt="" />

Back