Looking for a few good men and women!

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
It’s that time of year again, ARC Officer nominations followed by elections at the November meeting.

Before I outline the process and list the positions we need to fill, I wanted to take a minute to and ask you to consider volunteering some time to contribute to the success of the club. The Atlanta Reef Club exists thanks in part to our members and a handful of folks that contribute time to the running of the club. We are so fortunate to have an organized marine reefing club right here in our back yard but we need your help to sustain the forward motion. While we have just launched the second revision to the web site its been a challenging year to say the least.

We are at a crossroad, the ARC is poised to have an incredible year in 2019 but we need people like yourself to help move it along and direct the future endeavors of the club. We have national sponsors and looking for more in 2019, efforts in place to attract some well-known names in our industry to contribute to the site, various social media integration to keep up with our changing times, expanded expo & club meetings…maybe even a future MACNA right here in Atlanta again?

We need nominations for

President

Vice-President

Secretary

To nominate someone please reply to this thread stating the your Full, Full name of the person you are nominating (and their site name) and the position you are nominating them for.

More information on the offices of the ARC are located here, section VI of the Atlanta Reef Club Constitution.

https://atlantareefclub.org/?page_id=25

If you have any questions about any of this please PM me your phone number and the best time for me to call you and I will be happy to talk about or expand on anything here.

IN ADDITION TO THE ELECTED OFFICERS, We need several Volunteers for support roles. (These positions are on a volunteer basis, not included in the officer election process)

IT Manager (New post)

1 open position

Member Coordinator

1 open position

Social Media Coordinator(s)

2 open positions, maybe a 3rd.

Sponsor Coordinator(s)

2 open positions, maybe a 3rd.

Moderator Corps

1 open position

Please respond to this thread with any questions of feel free to reach out to any of the BoD directly (IM)

Everyone remember - the more people there are the less time all of our volunteers need to spend.

Last edited:
Wow, they're beating the door down! lol

We could sure use the help and some new blood. We're talking about adding some new perks too. You could join in and be part of that discussion ;)

Well, after seeing all the volunteers to serve... I nominate Dave Ball (dball) for the office of President, Austin Trizzino (ATrizzino)for the office of Vice President, and Adam Nitschke (anit) for the office of Treasurer.

OH! Last but not least I nominate Leo McGuire (lmm1967) for the new position of IT Manager.

Sounds fine to me.
I nominate Doug @urbanknight for Secretary.
I really appreciate all the work you all do.
My unpredictable work travel prevents me from locking in to definite times, but I'm eager to help, let me know how I can,

I agree with Mr Burton. My schedule is also crazy which many of you have seen when meeting up. I will be more than happy to help how I can when I can, all you need to do is ask.

In my opinion the club is lacking in a comradery sense. We need to be friends with each other, trade with each other and help each other much more than it seems to be now as a whole. I personally believe Dave, Rob, Doug, Timmy, Henry, Steven, Jin, Ricky, Ken, Joey,Brett, Jeff, Ben, Brandon(s) and myself are these type people. They represent a value that you truly can’t measure. Any of these people could have a problem or need and anything extra that anybody else had would be readily available. I know I personally have frags and small colonies at several people’s houses because I’m in the middle of a tank swap and they are helping babysit. I am sure there are many more that I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet but will.

Anyone on here is more than welcome to message me at any time, if I’m able to help I assure you I will. What brought all this on was a personal experience I recently had. There was a posting and 1 reply. First off I commend that person for trying. That’s why we are here, to help those in our family when they need it. I do not mean this to sound like a charity ordeal either, sometimes I “NEED” someone to sell me something shiny, lol.

Please don’t think I’m pushing my feelings on anyone else. I just know I have been a member of other groups, organizations etc, and this feeling I speak of is something that years later you still remember. I wasn’t in the military but I did have a bit of involvement with them and since I did what I could for them no questions asked the marines I worked with took me as a member of their family. It’s funny because when we talk now the conversation always goes the same way. Do you remember when I came and woke you up at 3am because ____ broke and we needed your help so ____ could do _____.

Ok off my soapbox and back to the reason I started my rant. I Sean Dorsey nominate Jin (Future Interest) for VP.

I agree with Mr Burton. My schedule is also crazy which many of you have seen when meeting up. I will be more than happy to help how I can when I can, all you need to do is ask.

In my opinion the club is lacking in a comradery sense. We need to be friends with each other, trade with each other and help each other much more than it seems to be now as a whole. I personally believe Dave, Rob, Doug, Timmy, Henry, Steven, Jin, Ricky, Ken, Joey,Brett, Jeff, Ben, Brandon(s) and myself are these type people. They represent a value that you truly can’t measure. Any of these people could have a problem or need and anything extra that anybody else had would be readily available. I know I personally have frags and small colonies at several people’s houses because I’m in the middle of a tank swap and they are helping babysit. I am sure there are many more that I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet but will.

I couldn't agree more and that's what I think most of us want. I've met & helped many of the people you've named. Most have helped me in some way as well. I haven't been around as long as a lot of people here and I keep hearing about the way the club used to be. I hope we can all work together to make this place better and have fun doing it.

I do have memories of a pretty amazing club and thanks to the hard work of our current bod and officers we're definitely on the right track of heading back in that direction. In the past I've always shied away from committing time... but I'd be happy to take my turn in serving to help grow the club once more. :) Thank you guys, I'm honored and do accept that nomination.

With the new website and leadership and now Jin jumping into the deep end...I'm excited!

Ok, here's my nominations.

I, Adam Nitschke nominate:

Jin @futureinterest for the office of President.
Austin @trizzino for the office of Vise President.
Doug @urbanknight for the office of Secretary.

While the other positions are normally placed by appointment by the President, after expressing interest, I here by also recommend Leo @lmm1967 for the position of IT Manager.

If anyone is interested in volunteering for the other positions please step forward we really need the help. There's a lot more to do still and the Expo is right around the corner.

Last edited:
Back