lost a couple of fish help

i had brook and got rid of it by dosing the tank with metronizide, it took about 2 weeks to get rid of it but i only lost 1 fish and 1 shrimp total of 50-60 was lost in the process. the bad thing about metronizide is that i could not keep corals for a couple months and i lost alot of good bacteria.

I was told the trick with met. Was to use it with focus so it bonds to the food and not free floating in the water.. Atleast that's what I'm doing right now. I'm on day 4 or 5 and coral is showing no ill effects..

OK finally I have treated the clowns and moved them to a qt. I hope I was not to late and hope no one else has it.

Thanks again for the help

If you have them in the QT tank you should also be able to run the Quick Cure in there at a much lower dose of 1 drop/1 gallon or even 1 drop/2 gallons.

I just can't win. I had everything working and the smaller clown went up the canister tube and got stuck in the filter and died. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh nooooo! That just sucks. I'll pour one out on the curb for your homie. At least you're walking away from this with more experience and knowledge.

Back