Lots of micro bubbles

ckwatson

Market
Reaction score
I have a coralife skimmer in a sump with baffles but i am still having a problem with bubbles getting in my DT. Any help?

how are your baffles setup? i prefer to have mine under, over, and under that way you have two places where the bubbles have to be x'' under water to pass through.

It looks like most of the bubbles are coming from my skimmer so I guess i could put the filter sock on there.

here is my sump

IMG_2806Small.jpg
alt="" />

Also the center chamber is where the return pump is, it is only filled half way so to have space if the DT drains a little. Would filling this up more help with the bubbles?

Sock will probably work...If not it will still help in other ways..better clarity I would think...

Filtering socks will definitely help but I don't know how you are gonna put one on the skimmer..The only suggestion I can give you is to cut a piece of foam that will fit between the baffles. That will definitely help to minimize the microbubbles, however you will have to take it out once a week and clean it.

Super skimmer has the little cup that is sponge lined which sits right under your return. This will eliminate the bubbles on your super skimmer.

Also, the pump that comes with the skimmer shouldn't really be powerful enough to make micro bubbles. Mine will send out a large BB sized bubbles occasionally. Sounds like maybe you have something set funky or it may be taking in air from somewhere.

The filter sock on the end of the return hose will work also. This skimmer has a return tube that points straight down would be no problem at all to attach a sock with a drawstring.

Matter of fact I am looking for a sock with a draw string if anyone has one.

Back