LR for school tank

fishgardener

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some cheap Live Rock for a 10 gal. tank I have set up in my science class. It doesn't have to be great looking just be able to filter the water. It has a HOB filter and a bare bottom. The kids are so excited about it. Naturally the first thing they want to put in it is "Nemo".
Sheryle

I know Sal has some (horsesziggy) at a pretty good price-might wanna try to PM him-

yes we do we also have nemo.

look us up jiles rd just off 41 behind publix, kennesaw commons suite 104

I've not been, yet, but say their store is awesome and great prices

One of our sponsors should help you out. Especially if it's for the classroom.

did you still want the setup i have for you, i havent had time to bring it to you yet but the 46 bowfront is yours for the taking

I tried to PM you but it said your box was full. Yes, I 'd like the tank, but I knew you were really busy and the kids were so anxious for a tank, I brought in a little 10 gal. The kids are so excited about it and it didn't break the budget.
Sheryle

I'll donate a piece of cured rock or two, if you can pick it up (either from my house or the frag meeting).

Thank you Mojo, could you bring it to the frag meeting.:) The kids are going nuts about this tank. They want to put everything imaginable in it. They are doing reports on saltwater invertebrates now. I naturally choose invertebrates that could go in the tank--incentive to do a good job.

Sure. Just realize that less time spent out of a tank or in a bucket means more time that it'll take to cycle. If you come over, you can pick out something that might work better for you... :)

How much rock do you need for a 10 gallon tank? :) I'm fairly sure that was 30 lbs or so that I donated...

they are actually getting a 46 gallon bowfront that i donated ,so i would think they need around 100 pounds.

Back