LTA Experiment

Well as these things go, I couldn't get it to stay put for more than a week at a time in the 40 breeder but it's been in the DT for 30 days in the bowl without moving. Knock on wood it keeps staying. Clowns who used to live in it still haven't tried to get back in it though. I think the bowl shape could be better though. The goldfish bowl doesn't allow it to spread the sand very easily due to the over hang. I think an upside down trapezoid/pyramid shape would be better. Also my bowl is about 6" and I think it would like something more 8-9". It is a rather large LTA though so I'm sure that's part of it.
Here's a recent pic.
192447ef4eb99330ad248f6ad1438e26.jpg
alt="" />

It decided to jump ship again. Though I have done a lot of changes in flow in the tank and some lighting increase. It seemed good with the new flow and looked really good but I guess it just wasn't digging it anymore. I think I'm going to give up for now.

I purchased one from Simon at nemo's the other day, acclimated it, then put it between 2 rocks. It attached itself to the rock rather than in the sand like I thought. My clowns are now in it and it doesn't seem like it wants to move. I could be wrong and it'll be across the tank in the morning but as of now it's not moving. Sorry for the bad picture bit I just rebuilt the rocks because they fell.
cLaSd3.jpg
alt="" />

I saw on facebook the other day something called a anemone candle holder or something like that. it is a rock with a nice hole that they love

Back