MACNA 2021

MzFixIt

Market
Reaction score
I struggled finding the right place to post this and settled for this thread. I am torn about signing up/buying tickets for the MACNA 2021 here in the Atlanta area. Anyone else going? Bought your tickets already? I noticed the ticket cost includes either "beef", "chicken" or "vegetarian" so I'm assuming they include some sort of meal with the ticket cost. Price seems a bit high IMHO.....but I have no desire to stay and eat. I have attended the ReefAPalooza in Chicago in Oct 2019 and enjoyed it.....but heard the MACNA is the big kahoona. Just curious of peoples thoughts and possibility of going or buying tickets this soon.....it's supposed to be in Sept 2021 so we obviously have plenty of time. I did notice that folks that bought tickets for the one in Arizona can use those tickets for the Atlanta show. That is part of my issue with it all.....I purchased several tickets for various events and concerts before Covid hit us hard......and I have been unable to recoup my money, as the vendors have said "no refunds" and not their cheese that I lost my money.....but of course I can certainly use the tickets if they ever get around to having said event. I just cringe at paying the price MACNA is requiring only to have it postponed or canceled like these other events. Granted, it isn't their fault if that happens.....but why does the consumer get the jilt every time?

I’m hesitant to buy my family tickets for a similar reason, so I’d rather pay more later and buy when we get closer. That way I know it’s going to happen. I attended my first event virtual MACNA this year at a reasonable cost ($30) and wonder if they will keep that up. I would attend for the swap event and then watch the rest via computer or phone. Maybe volunteer as well to meet more people.

I struggled finding the right place to post this and settled for this thread. I am torn about signing up/buying tickets for the MACNA 2021 here in the Atlanta area. Anyone else going? Bought your tickets already? I noticed the ticket cost includes either "beef", "chicken" or "vegetarian" so I'm assuming they include some sort of meal with the ticket cost. Price seems a bit high IMHO.....but I have no desire to stay and eat. I have attended the ReefAPalooza in Chicago in Oct 2019 and enjoyed it.....but heard the MACNA is the big kahoona. Just curious of peoples thoughts and possibility of going or buying tickets this soon.....it's supposed to be in Sept 2021 so we obviously have plenty of time. I did notice that folks that bought tickets for the one in Arizona can use those tickets for the Atlanta show. That is part of my issue with it all.....I purchased several tickets for various events and concerts before Covid hit us hard......and I have been unable to recoup my money, as the vendors have said "no refunds" and not their cheese that I lost my money.....but of course I can certainly use the tickets if they ever get around to having said event. I just cringe at paying the price MACNA is requiring only to have it postponed or canceled like these other events. Granted, it isn't their fault if that happens.....but why does the consumer get the jilt every time?

If you're not interested in the banquet, then there's usually an option for just the tradeshow portion at a reduced rate. However, the early ticket prices are almost the same, if not the same, as the floor passes, so your best bet is to go full conference. MACNA is an amazing show. You get more education at MACNA than all other shows combined; If you're into checking out the various manufacturers, many will be exhibiting; if you love corals, there'll be a TON of corals to feast on; and after parties...

Shows that have stolen your money on cancelled events shouldn't be supported. I find it repulsive that many businesses have decided to do that.

I see no reason that MACNA Atlanta would be cancelled. It would take a SERIOUS mutation in COVID for that to happen at this point. I would fully expect temperature checks and mask requirements, so if you're against those, then definitely skip the show.

That sucks. I was kind of excited to find out it was here, the same year I'm getting back into the hobby. Oh well...

Agreed I am very disappointed as this would be 5 months after getting my second vaccine shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back