Macna

sshindell

Lifetime
Reaction score
Welcome from MACNA in Pittsburg!

ARC has a huge contingent here - Tim, Todd, Kevin, Katrina, Bob, Margi, Tom, Bruce, Kim, Keith, Simon, Peter, and myself (as well as the people from SeaChem) - and a GREAT reception from EVERYONE regarding MACNA XX in Atlanta next year. We have already signed up numerous exhibitors, sponsors, and many people have already pre-registered to come as attendees. Bruce just finished the keynote presentation tonight and highlighted how amazing the conference will be next year in Atlanta.

The Pittsburg crowd have done a great job -it will be good to build on their success!

Way to represent everyone

I am looking forward to any updates and highlights from Pittsburg

Update:

After two days we now have over 30 vendors and about 100 attendees THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE. And there is still one day to go...the response has been unbelievable...

We also announced that there will be a one year long murder mystery that will be ongoing on the http://www.MACNAXX.com">www.MACNAXX.com</a> site - with the winning prize being a 10 day all expense paid trip for two to FIJI!!!! (and THAT went over well!!).

We look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting Tuesday to give more details. You can save a bunch of money by registering on line before October 1.

SShindell;79652 wrote: Update:

After two days we now have over 30 vendors and about 100 attendees THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE. And there is still one day to go...the response has been unbelievable...

We also announced that there will be a one year long murder mystery that will be ongoing on the http://www.MACNAXX.com">www.MACNAXX.com</a> site - with the winning prize being a 10 day all expense paid trip for two to FIJI!!!! (and THAT went over well!!).

We look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting Tuesday to give more details. You can save a bunch of money by registering on line before October 1.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear, steve!

OK, we just got back from Pittsburg. The final count after 3 days - 44 exhibitors (95 booths), 141 pre-registered participants (plus the 95 exhibitor tickets, making 236 pre-sold A YEAR BEFORE THE EVENT).

This is incredible. Please show your support by buying your tickets for MACNA NOW. They are heavily discounted until the end of September (actually, less than it will cost - and the price of just the banquet will be this price after this sale ends - you would be very foolish not to purchase them now if you are going). The benefit of pre-registering early is that it is SO much easier to get more exhibitors when we can guarentee a high turnout. Based on the numbers at Pittsburg at this same time last year, it will be a HUGE conference in Atlanta.

For $89 you get the full conference of speakers, a dinner by Wolfgang Puck at the Georgia Aquarium, another event at the Westin, etc. etc. You get a chance to win amazing raffles, such as a trip to Fiji. You will see a HUGE number of exhibitors covering all aspects of the hobby, as well as SCUBA and SCUBA related travel. If you decide to stay downtown (which I highly recommend based on the MACNA parties that have been known to happen) the room rate at the Westin is only $119 a night. That won't happen again.

Oh yeah - and we just got confirmation that Dr. Sylvia Earle is coming as a speaker.....For those who do not know her, Sylvia Earle is a marine biologist, Explorer-in-Residence and leader of the Sustainable Seas Expeditions at National Geographic, former chief scientist at NOAA, chairman of Deep Ocean Exploration and Research, President of Deep Search International, Chair of the Harte Research Institute&#8217;s Advisory Council, and honorary president of the Explorers Club. Holder of several deep-diving records, she is the author of some *160 publications.

Here are some pics of MACNA IX:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1208498">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1208498</a>

Show your support for ARC. Go to [IMG]http://www.macnaXX.com">www.macnaXX.com</a> NOW - it would be great to announce a much higher number by the meeting on Tuesday!

Wow, this is GREAT news Steve! And I remember Dr. Sylvia Earle from SWU One--she's an eloquent and inspirational speaker. I'll be buying my ticket in advance!

the prices confuse me, is the only discounted ticket the whole deal for 89 $ ?

ok, just making sure, I wont be there friday or for the dinner, I was not sure if there was a weekend only discounted ticket

We modled our pricing structure after past MACNAs, they all discounted only the Full conference pricing. This is because it can get very confusing for everyone on the back end.

If you are going to miss Friday night, it is STILL an amazing deal, and A LOT cheaper than buying a weekend pass and banquet later on.

We will be talking more about it tomorrow night.

Nice !!!! there was always a steady stream of people signing up and I'm positive that's a record for the pre-sales! With the aquarium and a great hotel for once I think it will be by far the biggest and best! I hope you guys get a huge block at the Westin. I wouldn't be suprised to see this one blow Pittsburgh away in attendance just because of the location. I know there were 16 from my old DFW club there and all are going back next year with at least several more coming since it's an excuse to the aquarium. Should be a great show! I thought Pittsburgh overall did a very good job though running it. The location away from the airport sucked but other then that the conference itself was strong, Our banquet location will be impossible to beat!!!

And yes to anyone who hasn't been this is the best money you'll ever spend. No reason we shouldn't have a ton of people from ARC attending. To have MACNA local is awesome and I bet if you go you'll get hooked! My first one was local to me in Fort Worth in 2000 and I've been to every one since. I had barely heard of them before that!

And for the price the deal is amazing. I've never paid less then $99 in all those years and that was this year. Usually well over $100 even super early like this! Jump on it now!

hey Steve, do the Macna people send and actual ticket and raffle tickets to my house or do I just use my paypal receipt for everything ?

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 15px;"><span style="color: green;">The paypal record is your receipt for payment - but we will be contacting you sometime in the future.</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 15px;"><span style="color: #008000;"></span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 15px;"><span style="color: #008000;">By the way - if you are in the Atlanta Reef Club - you are PART of the MACNA people!</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 15px;"><span style="color: green;"></span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 15px;"><span style="color: green;">Margi</span></span></span>

Back