Mag/Calcium/Alk tests

Declanisadog;1040882 wrote: The Red Sea mag test is the worst. You really need to take your time with that one, or something can easily go wrong

regular or pro?

just curious

I'm just curious. Which reef stores in Atlanta utilizes a water test set besides API? I've read many threads here at ARC and the low reliability of testing with API. Does anyone know of a reef store that uses anything else? I been to some stores and I was told they use API.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1041062 wrote: I'm just curious. Which reef stores in Atlanta utilizes a water test set besides API? I've read many threads here at ARC and the low reliability of testing with API. Does anyone know of a reef store that uses anything else? I been to some stores and I was told they use API.

Wannabee

I've seen a couple use the Red Sea tests, but most use API.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use many different kits for a variety of reasons. I like Red Sea for Mag, Hanna for Alk and Salifert for Calcium. That has happened through trial and error and finding that I like and trust different ones for different things. I also use the Hanna checker for Phosphate because I really could not read the end point color on others that I tried. That being said, I wish Hanna would develop a liquid version regeant for the Phos test, getting the powder into the vile is ridiculous and easy to mess up.

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1041062 wrote: I'm just curious. Which reef stores in Atlanta utilizes a water test set besides API? I've read many threads here at ARC and the low reliability of testing with API. Does anyone know of a reef store that uses anything else? I been to some stores and I was told they use API.

Wannabee

SEA Atlanta uses Red Sea Pro

But to your point, most use API and for good reason. Unless something is catastrophically off, it'll grow in their large volumes of water. Also quick and painless to use.

If you have a nano, you might want to be a bit more picky.

I still use API on weekdays (except nitrates).
Then a full profile with red sea pro during the weekends.

The only api test kit that has been a problem child to me personally has been nitrate test during half the bottle's use it goes out of whack, calcium giving 600+ readings, and phosphate showing .25 or 0 whenever it feels like it.

In all of those instances i just chuck them and get another kit.

Back