Mag Problem

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
got a little ? getting rid of the 296gph petsmart pump, tryed to put the mag in and my overflow box wont keep up and it fills to fast should i

a) put flow control vavle on the outlet side in the pump (will this affect the life of the mag)

b) put another u-tube in my overflow box to keep up if this then where to get

I have 33 cube with 10gallon sump 380 watt 2X65 acentic and 250halide with
1200gph in tank I.E. powerheads and 296gph currently returning from the sump, and is it possible that some one could help with a new build of a sump out of another 10gal tank, dont' really like my design and i want to be able to have a copapod house for the mandrian?

Thanks Chris

you could put a Y connector and have a control at the end of the y connector. Have 1 end going back to the main tank and the other going back into the sump.

Your Overflow box can only drain so fast. If the pump are too strong and you do not try to divert water back into the sump then it will foce all the water from the sump into the main tank.
2 thing will happen. water will be on your floor and the pump will die because of running dry.

I do not think another U tube will work, since your drain hole on the overflow can only drain so much.

Give it a try if you have an extra u tube.

Drill another hole in the over flow like you see in my house with a new U tube will give you too much flow going down, and since there isn't enough flow in each U tube, you will begin to miss siphons. What i suggest is get a 1/4-3/8 hose and just put that in the over flow box located in the tank, and route it into your sump, this way you will not drain out your own tank if power went out, and you get more flow without having to drill anything.

Back