Magnificent FoxFace has something stuck in his mouth

mike17kb

Market
Reaction score
Looks like it is a 'little twig type deal' sticks straight out of his mouth and is about 3/4 inch long....... looks like a splinter in essence....

Any ideas how to possible get this out since he is such a spastic fish to begin with? I just got home from work and noticed this. Was not there last night..

Suggestions thanks

My retard maroon gets bristleworm bristles stuck around her mouth quite often.. would it be something like that?

Nope, looks like a branch from my gorgonia, makes me wander if he freaked out and swam into it

Ugh- well, the only thing I can thing of that wouldn't be seriously stressful or dangerous would be to get him into a big plastic strainer thingy, and lift it really slowly up out of the water, and when he's completly flat (very little water) grab the thing out with tweezers...

Just a suggestion..

He'll probably get it out on his own. Give him a day or two more and see how he does.

Rickey;210402 wrote: He'll probably get it out on his own. Give him a day or two more and see how he does.

Rickey.... i think you are right... my cleaner shrimp were actually going after it, appears to be gone and he is swimming around normal again. :yay:

I freaked out as I did not want to lose him

Back