magnum 350 help

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i just spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out the problem on my magnum 350 and i just cant figure it out. first the magnum was getting suction but the return was not tight, so i fixed that. then the out flow was good but it cant get suction. i dont know what to do. i need to fix this soon because i havent had it running this whole week. i am going to upgrade to a sump but i owe my parents money. i should have enough money by the end of january for one.

full of water, when i turn it on it fills up with bubbles and looks like a protein skimmer.

you don't have your drain/return backwards do you?(return is in drain's spotand drain in return's, etc)?

sounds to me like you're leaking somewhere. you need to check all your connections-

check all your connections on your drain (sucking) line. it wouldn't matter on the return-it'd just spew water everywhere-but a pump won't pump if it is sucking air somewhere.

nothing was leaking at first then i disassembled all of it and reassembled it so there was a leak but i took that part of and submered the rest in water and the samething was happening. i cant check if the propeler is working or not because its hidden from the motor, if you know what i mean.

there has to be a leak somewhere (sucking air) that's all there is to it-they are kinda tricky, just really be meticulus (~spelling) on your checking

well tommorow i am either
1) going to put all new pipes on it
2) go further in debt and buy a return pump and maybe try to get the tank drilled.

see i tried burping it like i always do but somehow the water wont come in from the tank, i think there might be a block in the tubeing.

are you talking about the one inside the filter or outside? the inside one is bent so i took some tubeing and made it fit into both ends on the inside.

Barbara;245904 wrote: Oh, and don't forget to turn the nozzles back to the "open" position again. I used to forget that all the time too.
they are open, i have them on double for each tube, and bother are open.

that tube is the one that was making the problem first, so i made the thing after the problems occured and now it is air tight, like it should be but i cant get the suction to work now.

she is saying it's gotta 'sit' right in there-if not-it's not gonna pump either

ok ill try that and i also lost the rubber thing that goes on the top of the smallers tubes, i have both of the ones that go on top and below the big filter but not the smaller tube, could that be the problem?

i doubt i will find it anywhere, i might try to have danny at petland alpharetta order me some, or get my tank drilled.

Ace of Spades;245930 wrote: I'm not familiar with this thing, but if you remade a suction tube, and you used a flexible tubing, you may be subject to the tube collapsing in on itself.
please explain? how would the tube collapse on itself?

Back