Main Tank Frag Station

cameron

Market
Reaction score
I want to put a little egg crate or something similar in my main tank for some frags to let them grow out. The tricky part is I don't want it to look like I have eggcrate in my main tank growing frags. Anyone know of a system like this that is relatively cheap? Maybe some rubble to cover the crate...

I thought about this frag station as well

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/frag_supplies.htm">http://www.thefilterguys.biz/frag_supplies.htm</a>

Those frag donuts look clever for sure.

Here's an option.

a>

That mag rack is really cool and not that expensive
Great find. It would give you some place to put frags when you bring them home until you can find the perfect place

you can glue ruubble or sand on the eggcrate to help it blend in.

I will be buying a custom mag rack soon. Those things are a great idea.

I love my fragmags and this is the same idea with a really nice twist.

dawgdude;112134 wrote: Seems like if you could find some magnets to use those things wouldnt be to hard to make. I really like those frag things that the filter guyz have because they would be very discrete. Why did you pick the racks opposed to the filter guyz?

I would have to have a rack as I couldn't fit the plug stones in my tank, no room.

The frag station stones are almost required given the design of my current tank. The best lighting is near the overflows which don't allow a good placement of those racks. I figure I will remove some live rock and put them right under my halides so I can get my frags coloring up and growing quick.

As for the magnets, I was/am concerned about that as well. My plan if the magnets are weak is to use some of my monster magnets I have from other projects on the outside. They should be more than strong enough to hold a smaller magnet on the inside.

I use the BAF frag plugs and disks. Great quality and a great price. ANother method is to take a big LR that you already have and drill 1/2 holes for the frag plugs. Wa-la....frag station!

What do you drill it with...do I need a special kind of bit?

flyingarmy;112367 wrote: I use the BAF frag plugs and disks. Great quality and a great price. ANother method is to take a big LR that you already have and drill 1/2 holes for the frag plugs. Wa-la....frag station!

Got both in. Will write something up soon. Very impressed with the fired frag station so far.

I think I may have to order one of these myself. Look forward to your write up Cameron.

-Andy

i took a week off work to recover from my exams and got so bored i ended up making the fragging stations this week cause they looked pretty cool...currently in the back of my toilet curing.. real easy to do i started off making frag disks, but as always went overboard and made to many and had too much agrocrate left, so i made islands and frag plugs aswell.. turned out ok..waiting to pull them out and check the ph..will post pics when im done.

slayer77;116700 wrote: currently in the back of my toilet curing.. waiting to pull them out and check the ph...

You need to be careful flushing you'll only get 2 pints of water!:sick:

lol.... my wifes already asked about the water pressure to the house cause theres no pressure with the flushes...she doesnt know whats in the tank...

BTW both the rack and station are excellent. The station is very cool. You could make the same thing at home, but if you are lazy like me buying one makes a lot of sense. The rack is great as well with small neodynium magnets. I probably wouldn't put it on a tank with thicker glass than mine though. Anything 5/8" or small will work just fine. You could try it on 3/4" with success I think, but I wouldn't go above that.

Back