Main Tank Frag Station

i've ordered some plastic coated neodynium magnets so i could try making those aswell, glad to know as my glass is 1/2 inch thick but with the plastic coat it might make it less stronger through the increased distance... are those magnets coated in anything to prevent rusting? or just nickel plated?

The outside magnet isn't coated. The inside magnet is in plastic.

Where did you order the magnets? I was thinking to get some for those little powerheads i got from fragglereef.com

slayer77;116754 wrote: i've ordered some plastic coated neodynium magnets so i could try making those aswell, glad to know as my glass is 1/2 inch thick but with the plastic coat it might make it less stronger through the increased distance... are those magnets coated in anything to prevent rusting? or just nickel plated?

Those magnets aren't strong enough. Someone posted in the useful items and where to find them thread with a good place to get sealed magnets.

Cameron;116909 wrote: I'll see if the misses will break out the camera tonight.

Sounds interesting but you might wanna put some type of warning so our minor friends dont look.

I could endulge that post but I won't. I will rise above it... in a totally non-sexual meaning... really.

Back