Maintaining water storage ???

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
OK so I got my RODI in yesterday and set up a water station in my garage. Other than changing the RODI filters what kind of maintanence do you do on your storage containers? I am using an 18g rubbermaid with a float valve. How often should I clean the storage container. I know in an ideal world with the rodi water and no contaminates I shouldn't have to do it very often. I would like to hear some input. Also should I have a powerhead in my freshwater to keep the water moving?

John,
I have a covered rubber maid sitting next to my 90 gal tank. I cut two holes in the top. One for a line for the aqualifter pump hooked to my autotop off system and one from the RO/DI line. I never open the box except to check water level. I do not circulate the water. If its covered it should work fine. The water is changing often so there is never a need to clean. At least I have not yet. No problems.

Joe

Thanks, Thats what I am figuring just wanting to see what everyone else thought.

I've never done anything with mine. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to clean it out every once in a while though.

I have a 65G Trash bin that I store my RO/DI in and I clean it out with the garden hose once every six months wether it needs it or not. I also have a 55G brute that I use for mixing/storing saltwater which I need to clean once a month. The saltwater storage container gets a film around it that a light scrubbing easily removes. I keep both covered and I circulate the salt but not the RO.
BZ

Back