Marbled crayfish

I keep dwarf orange Mexican lobsters. I’ve got a few good size juveniles to sell. I’ll have them at the next ARC meeting if interested.

Attachments

• 35EB876A-8A99-4888-B62F-85BE3C23636C.jpeg
    35EB876A-8A99-4888-B62F-85BE3C23636C.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 7
Do they eat shrimp or fish or are they shrimp and fish safe?
Mine have not eaten my Amano shrimp, Khuli loach, Otto, or my tetra golfish. The only aggressive one in the tank right now is dad, wondering where all these extra mouths to feed came from! When it was just him and wifey, all was calm. They have great personalities.

Last edited:
I used to breed them to feed to puffer fish, I ordered a few online and soon enough you have hundreds

How big of a tank did it take to grow hundreds? Was that enough to keep up with the needs of your puffer? Why did you stop?

Yes they technically clone themselves. I ultimately had them in a few different setups. I had them in a 55g tank at one point, as well as a couple shallow clear plastic bins on shelves. Within a couple months, you’ll have good stock. I stopped when I rehomed the puffers.

huh, I wonder if these things would be appropriate food for some larger frogfish species? Keepers of larger predatory fish could use these pretty well, if sufficiently gutloaded and declawed before feeding. If I ever end up getting an A. Commersonii, I may have to test these things out (assuming they are legal here!)

Back