Marco rocks - good to go or acid bath?

davidinga

Market
Reaction score
I just ordered 150 lbs of rock and was wondering what the story is on this stuff dieing off and leaching phosphates. I don't want to let it sit in a bin for months so I was wondering if I need to give it an acid bath?

What's the directions for an acid bath?

Thanks

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

Marco rocks are already dry... and dead. No organic material will be attached to decompose... no reason for an acid bath... nothing will leach out.

Rinse well to get the dust off then place in tank.

elFloyd;841470 wrote: Marco rocks are already dry... and dead. No organic material will be attached to decompose... no reason for an acid bath... nothing will leach out.

Rinse well to get the dust off then place in tank.

+1

Rinsed mine with old tank water and dropped it in.

What about all these old threads I see where people talk about the rock being full of dead matter still???

I used 12 lbs of live rock to seed 150 lbs of Marco rock two years ago. No problems since.

I wouldn't worry.

DavidinGA;841476 wrote: What about all these old threads I see where people talk about the rock being full of dead matter still???

Guess I haven't read those threads.

Rock looks super super clean to me and bright white!

Might just stick it in the tank...

rahe2amu.jpg
alt="" />

DavidinGA;841483 wrote: Rock looks super super clean to me and bright white!

Might just stick it in the tank...

rahe2amu.jpg
alt="" />

Might want to rinse it off first. I put mine in a tub of RO water and let it sit for about an hour, the water was milky by the time I pulled it out.

Back