Maroon Clowns finally paired up!!!

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
I doubt anyone cares, but I'm exhilarated that my maroon clowns finally paired up and just wanted to share the sordid details of their coupling :). Although this hobby can be frustrating at times... its these few positive moments that make it worth while for me :).

I've had false percs and true percs before... and I knew maroon clowns had a reputation for being fierce, but I completely underestimated just how much more time consuming and risky it was to pair them up.

Anyways, this is my second try at pairing up maroon clowns. My first try resulted in failure because the two I ordered from marinedepotlive were basically the same size and neither would back down... Even though I repeatedly emphasized to the guy on the phone that they had to be different in size... Well I ended up selling the slightly larger one to a local reefer at a loss :(. Oh well.

My next opportunity came when Xyzpdalkjdfsnwerf1294 organized a group buy from saltwaterfish.com and Brandon was kind enough to get me the smallest lil maroon clown I had ever seen. Cute lil bugger... but without proper introduction to the queen mum, he would've been fish food. I acclimated him to her by putting him in a small acrylic tank and placed that within my tank. She tried to break through that wall for a week straight. I gave her another week and then tried to introduce them proper like.

So, I released the lil guy and almost instantly she started to beat the living crap out of him... As such, I put him back in the mini tank for another week of R&R. Today it seemed like his wounds had healed completely and once again she had stopped making attempts to descale him through the glass. So I let him out of his extruded prison and after some initial rough housing her highness finally accepted the poor lil guy as her consort and lets him in the anenomes. Of course she still shows him who's boss at every opportunity so the lil guy is constantly doing his submission seizure/dances. Cracks me up. My wife loves that its the female who has absolute authority :). Now I think I can justify an OM 4-way since it'll be for "her" lil fishy.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
29960=1860-maroon1.jpg
>
29960=1860-maroon1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="maroon1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

dawgdude;30004 wrote: Just watch out tho, I thought my clowns had paired and were gonng play nice, then I found the smaller one missing a fin and had to QT him for a while longer and only let him out for a lil while at a time and work up to it.

Hmmm well as of this morning they were cuddling up together, but I do see a couple of spots where he got nipped. I'll keep an eye on her in case she goes postal.

Back