Maroons Disappeared!

nhutdmd

Reaction score
Tuesday, I brought home a GBT anemone for my mated pair of gold stripes, which were hosting a condylactus I had. As soon as I placed the GBT anemone in the tank, both clowns rushed to it and tried to instantly host it. The larger female actually bit and tore off a tentacle trying to get it to open further. Eventually, the GBT slipped to back of tank in a dark area. Yesterday I looked and the GBT, and both clowns were no where to be seen! I even tried to move the rock aroound where I saw it last. Where could they all be??? Has this happened to anyone before??

They are probably buried in the nem. If it's drawn up into the rocks they are in it, my maroons went crazy for the RBTA. Once the nem opens back up you'll see them again.

I really hope you are right. I didn't know they could do that, the female is 4-5" long and the male about 2". I figured after a couple days the anemone would need some light, right? Is there anything I need to do, or just let it take its time?

check your overflow if you have one, I've lost a fish in there before

How big was the GBTA? That female maroon is pretty big... Sometimes the clowns can "love" a BTA to death if the anemone is too small for them...

GBTA was approximately 6-8" I would say, as it appeared at the fish store...that's why I'm surprised it would "house" them both....and i have alreay checked the overflows, not likely they can get into the ones I have anyways.

put something into the overflows and move it around (like a net or something, I checked my overflows twice and both times didn't see the foxface, but when I put the net in he went berserk

Maroons are back but not the GBTA...it'll be a week tomorrow since I've introduced it into my tank....is it safe to say its gone???

Back