May have found a UNICORN...

So.... I've been looking for one of these for a while, I was at the point of accepting I'd never be able to get ahold of one seeing as how Vertex went under.

Here's some pics..

20200320_211757.jpg

20200320_183036.jpg

20200320_183139.jpg

20200320_183412.jpg

20200320_184001.jpg

This adds yet another big, red/white (and shiny) skimmer to the collection... I don’t think there’ll be another photo op though. lol

Another plus... I’ve ordered well over $200 worth of silicone tubing and clamps over the last few days from McMaster Carr trying to adapt the Elos metric fittings to Imperial sizes... this sump came with everything to adapt it including 12’ of red pvc pipe in both sizes (1 1/4” and 3/4”). :cool:

I hope McMaster Carr takes returns... lol

20200320_235932.jpg

Last edited:
This adds yet another big, red/white (and shiny) skimmer to the collection... I don’t think there’ll be another photo op though. lol

Another plus... I’ve ordered well over $200 worth of silicone tubing and clamps over the last few days from McMaster Carr trying to adapt the Elos metric fittings to Imperial sizes... this sump came with everything to adapt it including 12’ of red pvc pipe in both sizes (1 1/4” and 3/4”). :cool:

What have you got? I have a reef octopus with metric size that I’m trying to find and elbow or something to divert the return water to under the surface. It is so loud just running out of that thing.

Most of the pieces I’ve ordered are 1 1/2” inner diameter silicone tube trying to adapt to the big grey overflow box pictured above for the Elos tank. It’s got a weird barb size, but the silicone adapts well.

i know BRS sells some metric to imperial conversion fittings, not sure if those would help you or not. In the past, we‘ve used an imperial elbow or 45 deg fitting with some Teflon tape wrapped around the edge to get a good fit to the metric fitting.

Or vise versa would probably be better. Find a 45 or 90 fitting that‘ll fit over the od of the output fitting. Then wrap the output fitting with Teflon tape until the fitting sits tight enough to hold on to it. Hope that makes sense... :confused:

Or vise versa would probably be better. Find a 45 or 90 fitting that‘ll fit over the od of the output fitting. Then wrap the output fitting with Teflon tape until the fitting sits tight enough to hold on to it. Hope that makes sense... :confused:
It does! Thanks!

View attachment 20544
They do take returns. My job sends stuff back to them all the time.

Back