Maybe most expensive fish / inch I've seen

John26;691020 wrote: Could not agree more. :thumbs:

Edit:

People in any country can spend what they want. I don't care if you are from here or Timbuktu, to spend that kind of money on such a fish is preposterous IMO.

Edit:

I have no problem spending high dollar on fish, but to spend $1500 on such a tiny fish baffles me.

I bet your "OPINION" would change if you were the one selling that fish and you knew the potential buyer was listening:)

I don't understand why the price of the fish is important. If it's something that the buyer wants and can afford, I don't think he should be redicule for making the purchase. Like someone said earlier, no different than some of the reefers that spend 1000'S on coral. The one I am living with now spent that a a chalice... But it's his earnings and it's something that he enjoys.

grouper therapy;691040 wrote:

I bet your "OPINION" would change if you were the one selling that fish and you knew the potential buyer was listening:)

I would never sell such a small fish for that price. I've seen guppies nicer looking than the fish posted.

John26;691071 wrote: I would never sell such a small fish for that price. I've seen guppies nicer looking than the fish posted.

Fish price is not based on "looks". It's based on collection and market.

How much have you spent in your car? Wardrobe? Jewelry? Other luxuries (not necessities)? I would bet I could find some "preposterous" purchases.

To be honest. In this hobby if you get upset at every death it's simply not worth it. I wouldn't laught at someone that just lost a pet, how would you feel if you bought a puppy and it passed away shortly because some unforeseen event. Everything has a risk. Spend 20,000 on a wedding ring and marriage is only 50/50. Fish are rarely based on looks ( and even than looks are always subjective), rarity is what determines the value. And some of us are willing to pay it

Oh he can have the ring . I can have the house, car, kids, half his salary... Maybe most of his dignity too lol. J/k

C360_2011-09-3013-33-26_org.jpg
alt="" />

From a lfs today. The Helfrichs I was talking about

Most expensive instant death has got to be a candy basselet. I think we had it for a whopping 4 days. But to be honest, we are willing to try again if we found a deal locally or a drivable distance.

Back