Mesh Impellor and Enkamat

Hey Cameron i found a pic of the Impellar with four tyraps like i was telling you about.And it seems like he left more mesh on the wheel then you did last night.might be something to try out and see if it helps.
hopefully this link works.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3637333">http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3637333</a>

BTW,where was Broreefr last night? Was he hiding in the closet while i was there? :)

Jesse, hard to tell when I might get by, with work and family, I got 2 new saws being freighted in from New York. They arrive Monday morning, 6 ft wide x 40 ft, man i can't wait to get those set up!!!

I did the mod to my Sedra 5000 impellar earlier today. Pretty easy and it does seem to be producing better foam with the modded impellar. After looking at the picture two posts above this one it reminded me that somehow I forgot to take pictures!?!? I did take some crappy video that I have not looked at yet to see if it is worth posting. I will have to get it to my hard drive and look at it.
Cameron, Thanks for the mesh I have plenty left over even after modding the skimmer and thanks for the courage to try this since I dont have a backup impellar if this didnt work. I will have to find you on Tuesday and get you a frag. :)

On a side note... ASM skimmer is doa. I cracked the hell out of the housing in a semi-freak accident. I ordered a new Octopus to replace it since they use the same pump and I won't have to put the mesh impellor to waste.

Where did you crack it? The pump body somewhere or is it the face piece that makes a quarter turn to mate to the pump? Wow... that is a bummer.

Mufret told me they come with an OceanRunner-esk pump so I am quite mistaken on that piece of info. If it is like the OceanRunner, you could use a Sedra pump on it. Personally, I like the OceanRunners better. They are more difficult to mod for the impellor though.

The crack runs from the bottom up through the pump connector and splits towards the top. It is about a foot long. I am going to try and "weld" it back together, but I went ahead a picked up an Octopus just in case. Found one pretty cheap that should work OK in my system (the NW150). I wouldn't mind having a larger one, but couldn't pass up the deal.

Ok guys here is my video debut on the web. Well not counting that other one but you have to pay to get on that site :blush: Ha just kidding.
Anyway here are the videos it is a 14 part series to show the process of modding the skimmer needle wheel over to the Meshwheel.
:up:
Impellar%20Mod
alt="" /></a>

Ok late this morning I checked on the skimmer. Wow! The mesh wheel is really working now! I had overrun the collection cup and it is really producing some skimmate. I left the riser pipe down pretty low on purpose just in case it started working better but I had not expected this jump in performance. The cup filled up and it ran out of the hole I have drilled and luckily collected in my 2 Liter bottle. Here is the last video clip that I just took this morning. I would recommend this mod to anyone running a standard needlewheel. It is easy and it works. :) :)
Impellar%20Mod
alt="" /></a>

Anyone have any extra that I could buy from you?

I have extra and I Cameron has more as well. Lots more. I could give you some. Are you going to the meeting on Tuesday?

I will be bringing the huge roll I have to the meeting for those that want some. It is first come first serve and no reservations. Should be plenty to go around though.

I just want to go ahead and take full credit for that video and all the work. OK maybe not full credit, but I was the muse... ok maybe not the muse but at least a catalyst... ok maybe not a catalyst, but I knew he was going to do it... ok not the video but modding the impellor.

Back