MH Case

brian313313

Market
Reaction score
I have a 250W metal halide bulb and ballast but I do not have a case to mount it in. The original was made of glass and it broke. Does anybody know where I could buy a case? It has a 18" reflector so the case would need to be larger than that.

Thanks,
Brian.

Are you looking just for the housing? I'm not sure anyone sells that, unless you find a user on here that has one lying around.

Good name, by the way.

I bet you could find a shop light or a flood light for fairly cheap from home depot or lowe's that would be large enough to house the reflector. Just gut it and install yours.

I've ben looking for a case (housing) to build a somewhat portable MH light fixture. I want to play with the light on a few tanks without building a canopy. I will fabricate one if I can come up with a material that I can work with. Don't have metal working stuff like a shear and brake and don't want to use wood. Have ballasts, bulbs and mogul sockets. No reflectors yet. Will find some box to mount ballast components into. I haven't found anything acceptable yet, as far as a premade fixture I can gut for a reasonable price. Prices I've seen that will work I might as well buy a complete, ready made Mh light. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Xtra money is scarce these days.

Back