Mimic Eibli Tang (Acanthurus pyroferus)

notireef

Market
Reaction score
I need some feedback on this fish....pros/cons of keeping one.

Are they more prone to ich than some of the other tangs??

Would it be ok with another tang in the tank? Maybe a Tomini?

Tank is 110g with a 40g sump, Octo Ex 200 skimmer and a turbo twist 9w UV sterilizer

My mimic tang is awesome - one of my favorite fish. Does great with the other tangs in the tank - I also have a yellow tang, a powder brown tang, and a kohl tang. I have had ich in my tank in the past but have never seen it on the mimic at all.

Is the mimic tang from the indian ocean Acanthurus pyroferus or Acanthurus tristis??

I am interested in one of these....
IndianMimicSurgeonfishWMTa_Ap8ST.jpg
alt="" />

The one I have is the A. pyroferus - Indo-Pacific region. I was originally looking for the one you want and then found my "girl" and fell in love.

here is a pic of mine
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
361330=17675-100_0930 (600 x 450).jpg
>
361330=17675-100_0930 (600 x 450).jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_0930 (600 x 450).jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

NotiReef;358811 wrote: Is the mimic tang from the indian ocean Acanthurus pyroferus or Acanthurus tristis??

I am interested in one of these....
IndianMimicSurgeonfishWMTa_Ap8ST.jpg
alt="" />
NYAQUATIC has one in

Nope, but plan on it. Give them a call. They will discuss anything with you at length and have a live arrive guarantee plus x amount of days just like liveaquaria, but these guys are on the east coast. I believe everything is under the warranty too.

Back