Mixing Wrasses

tsunami

Market
Reaction score
Can you mix other wrasses with a blue bird wrasses? I like a lunar at a pet shop, but I'm not sure if they will go together.

My experience has always been no... Wrasses do not mix well for the most part as far as I know.

I really don't think you can. IMO you would need a really large tank to pull this off.

I had a Leopard and a Fairy Wrasse in the same tank. No problem. Not sure about a Lunar wrasse though.

My 2 cents.

-Andy

In my experience, bird wrasses have a better temperament, but lunars are diabolical. They are made to seek and destroy. I think it might be possible, but you would want a BIG tank, both those fish get very large, are very active, and should trouble start, you'd want room to avoid.

I would say that isnt big enough. Because wrasse's move around so much they would encounter eachother all the time.

I had a Coris Wrasse, Six-line Wrasse, Mystery Wrasse, and a Lori's Wrasse in the same 90 tank......no problems....other than jumpers.

I have red coris and a dusky in the same tank no problems. 125 Gal. I was thinking about adding a solar to go with them.

Back