Mojano?

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
Found this tonight. Quite small and barely noticed it. Is it a mojano? If so, will aptasia x kill it? I’ve had great luck with Aptasia X.
f7db3350ede5fbfe7332888a2ed69c54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... this doesn't look like a Majano.... Anyone know what this is?

Hey Shawn, google pictures of a Ball Anemone, specifically Orange Ball Anemone. If that's what it is it's really from the mushroom family, hope this helps periodIf that's what it is it's really from the mushroom family, hope this helps period

I agree, but I’m not sure that it isn’t a corynactis Nem. Maybe some white light will help. Otherwise, I trust Dave. I see one detail that has me leaning towards Orange Ball.

Regardless, it may have a rather strong sting. I had one in my first tanks refugium, and I could play tug-o-war with it using a strand of Chaeto Algae (Yes, it could sting and hold onto chaeto).lol

It’s not close to anything. Gonna monitor for now. Thanks all for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball anemone, strawberry anemone, some other descriptor.... There are a few different kinds but in the end they aren't a problem. I've had them in my systems for as long as I can remember and they're never been an issue. I think of them in the same group as those tiny little white tubed feather dusters - potentially annoying but not hard to deal with if it comes to that. I've noticed these particular tiny anemone's population can fluctuate with the quality of the water but even at their max population I've never found them at all irritating.

Lol. I’ve got the CoralVue. That was hella zoomed in hence why the photo sucked.

I've noticed these particular tiny anemone's population can fluctuate with the quality of the water but even at their max population I've never found them at all irritating.

I would not necessarily agree with this. While I agree that they are rarely an issue, I have seen many tanks with plague-like quantities (thousands to tens of thousands). Combined with how strong their stings can be, I would never dismiss their presence. Just keep an eye on them.

I would not necessarily agree with this. While I agree that they are rarely an issue, I have seen many tanks with plague-like quantities (thousands to tens of thousands). Combined with how strong their stings can be, I would never dismiss their presence. Just keep an eye on them.

I, on the other hand, would 100% agree with this.

Back