Momentary scare

fishyfishy

Supporting
Reaction score
I thought I had just discovered a slow leak on my red sea max 650. It looked like it was leaking about a drip every 30 seconds or so. Luckily my wife came down and sorted out that I had just spilled some water in the channel that holds the trim. It might be a good thing though, when I removed the trim it looks like the support has warped and isn't properly supporting the tank.

20190602_183117.jpg

How do you think I should handle this? The tank is completely level. Maybe I can just shim the supporting sheet underneath up?

It's actually stock for the red sea. It's 3 pieces I think. This thick plastic board on bottom, a middle plastic piece which has a top and bottom, about half an inch thick with grids in the middle and a top foam pad. It's weird that it settled like that. I'm glad the tank is fine. Was freaking out a bit....

Wow glad its not a slow leak.

That corner not being supported is kinda scary as well though. Definitely get it shimmed as best you can. If you can measure it out I could 3d print you a perfectly shaped shim for that space :p.

Back