Monster sump upgrade

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
I finally after (1 1/2 years) got around to working on my sump upgrade over the holidays. It's a 200 gallon Peninsula tank which I had Chris with Alien Ocean cut the gated baffles in Black (he did an outstanding job). I set it up with a Chaeto chamber, refugium, equipment and frag tank sections. I thought I would share some pictures of the progress on this beast.

20170105_002742.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170105_002806.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Lol. I have the return setup in the middle and I have an independant 60 gallon acrylic ATO box.

That's a huge .... Brett. Saw it in person, really nice looking sump y'all

Thanks guys. Don't laugh and I know it's overkill. My DT is a 120g, plus it feeds the 30g shallow frag tank.

Lol. I have the return setup in the middle and I have an independant 60 gallon acrylic ATO box.

Oh... thought you said you did an upgrade
;-)

I think the more water, the better. Just think ,if the ocean water was only 50% of the earth instead of 70%..It would be alot more polluted, or take longer to cleanse itself. In my case, having alot of fish, the more water for there waste to get broken down.

I think there is another frag tank connected to it too. Sleek and very clean looking upgrade

Thanks Ricky. I figured the more water the better and fortunately all my equipment was overrated for my old setup. I just can't wait to have it finally completed after procrastinating for so long. Lol

After seeing your sump,I'm adding my frag tank back on line.Even if I run it empty.

Holy Cow - how am I going to get buy with a 40b sump supporting a 120 & 40b refugium.

Looks like a nice setup

Drooling for a separate sump/fish room connected to my DT. Looking great sir!

Thanks Austin. I wish I had your plumbing skills. :) Thank you Rusty, I'm still battling this dang bronchitis.

Back