Moon light question.

reefjunkee

Market
Reaction score
I have had 3 1W coralife blue moon lights on My 92corner BF since it was setup.I just aquired 6 powerbrite LED modules.Each 1 has 4 1Watt blue led`s,with a total of 12,along with the 3 coralifes 1w.15w total.Is this too much?With blue moon lights does it still appear night time to the fish?Just dont want to keep My fish awake.My purple tang and pinktail trigger seem a little more active than usual.This is the first night with them on the tank.

I have 18 moon light over my tank. It so bright that I can see the light hitting the sand. Have it for nearly 2 years now and nothing seem to mind.

I think your fine. At that wattage you are still very low. What confuses people is that your eye (human eye) compensate for low light making it look brighter than it really is.

A 1 watt blue LED is going to be less than 15 lumens at the source. Once it hits the water it probably falls to 1 or less. The moon is 1 lux which is 1 lumen per square meter. I would think you would need quite a few 1 watt blue LEDs packed into a square meter to put out enough light to equal the moon.

Back