Mover needed

Aridala

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable aquarium mover?? I need to get my 125 gallon reef moved across town.

I’ve heard good things about Premier Aquatics, not cheap but reliable.

I think his name is Palmer at Pure Reef has recommwndations

Aquarium Cove Maintenance and Installation up here in NE GA helps move, does installs, tank maintenance or will even set up a whole freshwater or saltwater system for you. They have a FB page also.

Premier Aquatics can do it. They are not cheap at all, but have great reviews. I have to check but they quoted me around 4k on a 160gal, to break down, move and re-setup. I ended up doing it with a friend and regretted my decision, so much work.

Most people tend to underestimate the labor associated with moving a tank…

You’re paying for efficiency with a little less hassle.
I completely underestimated the effort. It took the 2 of us a sold 12 hours to tear down, load up, drive, unload, and reset up the tank on the other side of town. It was a brutal day.

Was a great opportunity though to give all pumps, power heads, valves, ect a citric acid bath with them all disassembled.

I’ve only moved 25 gallons and under, and while it was fairly easy for me it was also very little (comparatively) and a short distance. The moment you need more than 1 other person to move stuff, or it’s logistically difficult, is when you should consider hiring a company. I wouldn’t trust 3+ other people to not accidentally bump into something, and it would be unfair to expect that out of them. The extra money it costs to pay a company also comes with that extra peace of mind in those what-if situations.

Back