Moving everything from a 55 to a 75 HOW?

I used new sand and old water. I don't know why you would use new water ( assuming that ur old water had no issues or problems), takes like 4 days to make >.< but I did have to move everything over in a rush.

Angcot70;664928 wrote: based on what i have read above this may not be a popular post but....
I moved a 30 gal. to a 65. I used new sand, added 30 gal new water and then added my live rock, fish and ALL the water from the 30 gal. Since the water in my old tank was perfect it was like doing a 50% water change on a bigger tank and all the bacteria, copepods, etc were transferred with the old water. Have had the new tank up and going for 9 months now and never had a problem nothing was stressed or anything due to the move. In my opinion there isn't "one" way to do anything. get everyone's advice and do what you think is best. I have done things the way "everyone" says to and have had bad things happen and then done things the way "everyone" says you should never do it and had everything turn out great.

LMAO then by god you should keep doing things that "everyone" said you shouldnt...
First order of business should be to throw copper in your reef to cure that ich...... I believe "everyone" says not to do this.

Angcot70;665136 wrote: i know better than copper.I didnt mean something that obvious. I was more or less refering to things like water changes, how soon after set up to add cetain things etc. My tank has been thriving for 2 years and I havent done anything to it. I am scared to say how i run it because people will all freak out (that is the usual reation) but like i said everything in it is fllurishing. SO,I will say and wait for the backlash ...
I have a 65 pre drilled with a 30 below. the water runs out of the top tank through a home made sock that I made out of a 25 cent piece of felt into another homemade sock that holds a bag of chemipure. then the pump shoots it back into the top tank. thats it. I have never done water changes. Once a week I add 4 gallons of regular tap water with prime in it to bottom tank. My perimeters are always text book. I have crabs, shrimp, hermits, snails, sandsifters etc. as clean up and the tank is always beautiful. Most people that see it says it looks clearer and better than any they have ever seen. I basically let it work like the ocean, naturally and let it circulate.
I have never heard of anyone else doing their tank this way but mine is healthy and I love it, especially the no work part. Everyone thinks i must put a lot of work into to have it look this way ;)

Edit: here is a pic i took of the tank last week because i was selling the light fixture. you can see it looks pretty good.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I'm glad everything works out for you and especially your tanks inhabitants. I do hope you understand that your setup is an extreme exception to the rule. It by no means "works like the ocean, naturally". And although there is many situations where you can deviate from the recommended courses of action this does not negate the fact that it is unwise. For instance you do not "need" to QT fish before introduction into your display.... But you "should". Just because one has never QT and has been lucky enough to avoid catastrophe does not mean it is now a staple rule of thumb that QT'ing is no longer needed. When given advice you should give the best advice for the best possible turn out. Telling a newbie that experience based recommendation from very veteran hobbyist is nonsense shouldn't be a practice imho.</span></span>

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Disclaimer:</span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I am not one of the quoted "veteran" hobbyist. I still wholly rely on advice given by you true veterans out there.</span></span>

Oh and the tank does look very well maintained!

Back