MP40 Wetside cover keeps getting blown off

AWarnick

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for the MP40 pump wet side cover getting blown off? It seems to vibrate over time and get twisted to a release position and then blows off into the aquarium.

Check the o ring. People tend to use vinegar to soak and clean them and it degrades the orange o ring over time. Will cause the cover to fit loosely and spin off.

Ok, I do use Citric Acid to clean them and am noticing that the O-ring on this one is expanded and loose. I ordered some more O-Rings from EcoTech and will let you know how that works out.

You've probably done it, but make sure the glass thickness on the twisty thing is set to the right setting... It could be set for glass too thick? Also with newer vortechs I've found a good take apart cleaning solves most issues. Break mine down and soak in a citric acid solution for a while... use a toothbrush to wipe everything down, rise good and reassemble.

Hmmm I will look at my spacers again which might make sense since I rarely have any of these same issues on the MP40s on my 90 gallon tank. I am doing the same cleaning with citric acid and toothbrush and disassembly on all of them on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back